Dodge trucks pulling heavy loads or boosted to 500–600HP are at high risk for overdrive burnup due to the stock transmission’s insufficient clutch capacity and fragile OE clutches. Even small amounts of heat and extra torque will push the thin (.034"), single-sided clutches over the edge, distorting the clutch pack. Any distortion of the clutch pack takes the clearance out of spec and makes overdrive clutch burnup inevitable. Keep hardworking trucks on the road with the Sonnax overdrive clutch housing kit. The unique billet aluminum housing increases OD apply area by 16% and holds a physically taller clutch pack. The 2X thicker steels increase clutch pack steel mass by 28% for maximum heat dissipation. The double sided Borg Warner clutch frictions are optimized for the 68RFE OD application and custom-made for the Sonnax kit. This guarantees an unrivaled combination of squawk resistance and maximum clutch capacity for any truck. This groundbreaking kit is the only top-of-the-line upgrade that eliminates clutch problems without relying on valve body/pump modifications or adding the expense of extra components.
- Modified housing holds physically taller clutch pack for 20% more clutch capacity
- 16% More OD apply area for firmer, more controlled shifts
- 2X Thicker steels and double-sided clutches increase steel mass by 28% for maximum heat dissipation
- Custom BorgWarner clutches for maximum capacity with state-of-the-art squawk resistance.
- Bolt-on anchor plate eliminates clutch pack flexing and distortion that contribute to heat build-up
- Combine with Sonnax line pressure booster kit RFE-LB1 for even higher levels of performance
Goerend Part Number: 72960-16K BLK