Volume : 3.4 quarts over stock, approximately
Dimensions: click here for dimensions
Number of Bolts: 19
PML designed this 6R140 pan for 2011 and newer Ford trucks with the TorqShift 6 speed SelectShift automatic transmission. On gas engine trucks, this PML design clears the catalytic converter on the driver's side.
Typical trucks that this heavy duty transmission pan can fit are:
- 2011 and newer F–250 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- 2011 and newer F–350 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- 2011 and newer F–450 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- 2011 and newer F–550 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- Blue Bird school buses with the 6R140
*Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance since configurations vary.
Features of the PML pan for the Ford 6R140 6 speed transmission:
- Cooling — extra fluid capacity, fins, and aluminum construction for cooler fluid temperatures
- Drain plug — on the side for safety
- Secure seal — machined flat gasket flange for a leak free seal
- Strength — high quality, thick walls
- Baffles — internal baffles reduce sloshing and direct the flow of the transmission oil (See 3rd image)
PML design this pan to work with the stock filter. The filter bolts on to the valve body. There is a filter support in the pan to support the bottom. With a PML pan, the fluid level and the filter pick up are at the same place as with the stock pan. No extension is needed.
This PML pan works with the stock gasket. A cork, rubber-cork or similar gasket also works well with this PML pan.
A magnetic drain plug is included with the pan and all the mounting bolts. The side location is safer than the bottom since there is less chance for damage than on the bottom. There is still easy access for maintenance.