The Ultimate In Towing Control!
The TowLoc is BD’s programmable transmission and converter control designed for exhaust brake applications. It’s the most powerful transmission control yet!
Available for 1999 to 2003 7.3 liter Power Stroke applications, the BD TowLoc monitors the operation of the vehicle speed, engine speed and engine load to compute the optimum transmission control algorithm. This process controls transmission downshifting as well as torque converter operation for optimum results. You can also customize the unit for the ultimate transmission control with an exhaust brake and/or engine modifications.
The TowLoc comes preset with all of the following features but can be modified by a BD accredited Diamond installation facility or by a tech-savvy enthusiast with a laptop computer. The electronics are packaged in weather resistant enclosure for the engine compartment that taps into 10 -12 sources for control and sensing. Check out these features!
- Programmable exhaust brake disengagement speed to reduce noise and engine load at idle
- Programmable torque converter lock-up clutch engagement speed to prevent low-speed engine chugging” with the torque converter lock-up engaged
- Programmable automatic 4th to 3rd gear downshift
- Disengages lock-up clutch during heavy throttle input to protect power train and prevent clutch slippage
- Vehicle-specific speed calibration
- Engine temperature controlled exhaust brake warm-up feature
- PressureLoc delay engagement time and control
- Overdrive lock-out to prevent lugging during low-speed driving
- Self-test cycles for exhaust brake, PressureLoc and shift functions programmable with a laptop connected “live” to the TowLoc while driving
To connect to a TowLoc module with a laptop or computer use Hyper Terminal program supplied with all Microsoft operating systems except for Vista.
Product Warranty 1-Year Parts & Labor
California residents, please call before ordering to ensure we can fulfill shipment. (715-254-1833)