- Genuine Ford Part AC3Z-8260-A / MOTORCRAFT KM-5058
- Engineered by Ford specifically for your vehicle
- Ford quality construction
- Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company
- Manufacturer reference: AC3Z-8260-A
- Shipping Weight: 10 pounds
- Warrantied by Ford Motor Company
TSB 11-6-6 • 6.4L - RADIATOR LEAKING COOLANT
FORD: 2008-2010 F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550
This article supersedes TSB 11-1-7 to update the Issue Statement, Service Procedure, Part List and Service Labor Time Standards. ISSUE:
Some F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.4L engine may exhibit an external coolant leak from the radiator. Slow leaks at cooling system hoses/connections can lead to low coolant levels. Excessive hot and cold cycling associated with low coolant levels can cause stress within the radiator tubes, possibly resulting in cracks in the tubes.
ACTION: Follow service procedure steps to repair this concern.
Thermostat inspection is no longer required because IDS release 71.04 and later added a cooling system monitor.
1. Inspect for the cooling system venturi tee being installed and verify proper orientation. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-03, Degas Bottle - 6.4L Diesel.
2. Degas bottle port inspection and repair:
1. Dual-port design requires the degas bottle to be replaced with the single-port design and a new degas bottle cap. (Figure 1) Proceed to Step 3.
2. Single-port design requires inspection of the degas bottle cap sealing surface for nicks and/or cracks. If present, replace the degas bottle and degas bottle cap. Proceed to Step 3.
3. Coolant leak inspection and repair:
1. Visually inspect all cooling system hoses/connections for evidence of coolant loss such as white coolant residue (dried coolant) or liquid coolant and repair as necessary. (Figure 2)
2. If a leak is found at a radiator hose O-ring seal, the radiator hose should be replaced. The upper and lower radiator hoses have been updated with a dual O-ring seal design for improved sealing.
4. Replace the radiator. Refer to WSM, Section 303-03.
1. Be sure to remove the engine coolant block plugs from both sides of the engine to drain the coolant from the engine block.
2. Fill the cooling system with a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and new Motorcraft® Premium Gold Engine Coolant. Do not reuse coolant that was drained from the cooling system.
3. Utilize the Rotunda Heavy Duty Airlift II radiator refiller tool (UVU550500INT) or equivalent when filling the cooling system. Filling without use of the Heavy Duty Airlift II radiator refiller tool may leave excessive air in the system
PART NUMBER PART NAME
9C3Z-8A080-AA Degas bottle
9C3Z-8101-B Cap- Degas bottle
AC3Z-8260-A Upper Radiator hose
AC3Z-8286-A Lower radiator hose
8C3Z-8B379-B Venturi Tee
VC-7-B Motorcraft® Premium Gold Engine Coolant
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110606A 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Inspect The Cooling System, Correct Or Install Venturi Tee, Replace The Radiator, Includes Time To Drain And Fill The Cooling System (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 2.8 Hrs. 110606B 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Inspect The Cooling System, Correct Or Install The Venturi Tee, Replace The Degas Bottle And Cap If Necessary, Replace The Radiator, Includes Time To Drain And Fill The Cooling System (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 3.2 Hrs.
110606C 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Inspect The Cooling System, Correct Or Install Venturi Tee, Replace The Upper And Lower Radiator Hoses, Replace The Radiator, Includes Time To Drain And Fill The Cooling System (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 2.9 Hrs.
110606D 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Inspect The Cooling System, Correct Or Install The Venturi Tee, Replace The Degas Bottle And Cap If Necessary, Replace The Upper And Lower Radiator Hoses, Replace The Radiator, Includes Time To Drain And Fill The Cooling System (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 3.3 Hrs.
MT110606 For Any Additional Cooling System Repairs Use SLTS Operations If Available Or Actual Time Actual Time
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
8009 (Operations A or B) 42
8590 (Operations C or D) 42
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.
Copyright © 2011 Ford Motor Company