Cylinder Head Studs, 12-Point Head, 8740 Chromemoly, Black Oxide, Ford,6.4L, Diesel, Kit
To overcome head gasket failure in truck and RV diesel engines, ARP offers extra heavy-duty head studs for GM, Dodge, and Ford applications.
- Studs made of proprietary ARP 2000 material in Santa Paula, CA
- Rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength
- Ample clamping force prevents cylinder heads from lifting
- Threads rolled after heat treatment for optimum fatigue strength
- Centerless ground to assure perfect concentricity
- Broached stud ends install & make cylinder head removal easier
- Chrome moly steel 12-pt nuts & parallel-ground washers included
- Tough enough for NASCAR.
- ARP cylinder head stud kits are precision centerless-ground and thread-rolled to Mil-S-8879 specs.
- Their black oxide finish protects them from wear and corrosion, and ARP throws in hardened parallel washers for uniform load distribution and accurate torque readings.
- PS: Picture is for refernce only and not the actual kit.
- Headstud kit for 6.4L. Recommended anytime power levels reach or exceed 600hp. To overcome head gasket failures that can occur in diesel engines employed in truck and RV applications, industry leader ARP has introduced extra heavy-duty head studs for the popular Ford, Dodge and GM powerplants. These ARP studs are rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength, and provide the clamping force required to keep cylinder heads from lifting due to higher combustion pressures. The studs are manufactured in ARP's Santa Paula, CA plant from proprietary ARP 2000 material, with threads rolled after heat-treat to provide optimum fatigue strength. They are centerless ground to assure perfect concentricity. The ends of the studs are broached to facilitate easy installation. This feature also enables the cylinder head to be removed in tight quarters. Also included in each kit are heat-treated, chrome-moly steel 12-point nuts and parallel-ground washers. They are black oxide finished for extra durability.