11039- This pan is similar to our Dodge 45RFE, 545RFE, 68RFE tranny pan (part number 10304) but has more capacity, is slightly deeper and costs a little more (4 1/2 quarts compared to 3 1/8 quarts over stock for 2WD). When Dodge decided to use the Hemi trans pan design on the new 6.7 liter diesel powered trucks, we knew that the trucks would see even heavier towing use. Increased oil capacity beyond part number 10304 would be a benefit for this type of service. Both pans fit the same applications with the same exceptions.
* Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
* Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
* 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
* 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
* Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
* Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
* Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
* Mounting hardware provided
The filter attaches to the valve body (bolt on & spin on), and does not use the pan for support. The pan features internal baffles to direct oil to the filter inlet. Because the baffles keep the oil near the pickup tube, a filter extension is not needed. See an image of the pan interior.
Dimensions: Overall depth is about 1" more than stock. Click here for dimensions.
Volume: 4.5 qts. over stock for 2wd, 4 qts. over stock for 4wd
NOTE: Will not work with 3500 Cab & Chassis trucks which have an Aisin transmission.
Does not come pre-tapped for a temperature sender, though there a location to do so on the pan itself.