- Designed to allow the operator to manually disable the front wheel drive mechanism by holding the hubs in the free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD low range
- By allowing the front wheels to be disengaged, maximum torque is available to the rear wheels
- This will also allow for sharp "All The Way Over" turns without the front axle u-joint hopping or binding
- With this kit installed, the front wheels will NOT be driven through the transfer case
- Allows to have full power and torque while in a high gear reduction applied to the rear axle(s) only
The BD Power 2wd Low Gearing Kit disables vacuum controlled automatic front hubs on 4wd Dodge trucks so transfer case can be shifted into low range for the rear wheels only. By holding the hubs free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD-Low range.
BD Power part number: 1030703