This American Axle differential is found on 2003 and newer Dodge Ram 2500, 3500 and 1500 Mega Cab trucks. The PML cover is larger than the stock cover so please check your truck carefully to make sure you have space for a larger cover. Reference the dimensions in the above link and review the fitment information below.
This cover is a bolt on replacement for the stock cover on the American Axle Manufacturing (AAM) 9 1/4 inch ring gear differential used in Dodge Ram trucks.
PML designed this cover for the front differentials on:
- 2003 to 2013 Ram 2500 (2013 folks, please check shape to verify)
- 2003 to 2012 Ram 3500
- 2006 to 2008 Ram 1500 Mega Cab
2013 Ram 3500 and 2014 and newer Ram 2500 and 3500 have a new front end with a football shaped cover and we are working on a heavy duty cover for that application.
Always check your truck to verify differential and clearance.
This differential cover features a low profile for clearance and oil fill/level check and drain holes to make it easy to follow the 15K oil change interval. Extra capacity, fins, and aluminum construction aid in heat dissipation to keep fluid cool.
Why a Low Profile Cover?
Because of many clearance issues with steering, u-bolts, and suspension, PML maintained a low profile with partial fins with this cover.
Starting in about 2008, Dodge added a u-bolt to the front end design that would contact larger aftermarket covers when at the limit of the steering. This u-bolt was retrofitted on early year trucks during service visits. The suspension on Megacabs would also contact a larger cover when the truck was loaded. To avoid these problems, PML designed this cover.
SHIPS WITHIN 1 TO 2 BUSINESS DAYS!
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures, 0.5 qt. over stock
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
- MADE IN THE USA!!
PML Inc. :