Our Stage 2 Cummins Performance Head is designed for the performance enthusiast. Includes everything in our Stage 1 Cummins Performance Head and a D&J Stage 2 Billet Intake Manifold, thread in soft plugs in the head, titanium valve spring retainers, and heavy duty extra large intake seats.
We have seen the stock intake seats fall out of the 1000 plus hp trucks, our heavy duty extra large intake seats fix this problem. Also, occasionally we have seen the soft plugs under the valve cover come out, filling the crankcase with coolant. We correct this issue with thread in soft plug.Our Billet replacement style intake manifold. This intake is designed to keep the factory rail, lines, map sensor, fuel filter housing, air horn and throttle position sensor. We have found that some of the intakes with side entrances force air into the cylinders across from the inlet pipe. We have seen the cylinders across from the inlet run 300-400 degrees hotter. In some cases, even melting pistons. Since our intake utilizes the factory air intake mounting, this allows the air to disperse more equally throughout the entire intake manifold. This also saves the customer time and money by utilizing their current intake horn.
- Super alloy intake valves. (We have seen 1300 Plus horsepower trucks running nitrous and multiple stage turbos damage stock valves.) 5.9 bore engines do not have enough bore clearance around the valve to go larger than stock without hitting to cylinder wall with the valve. These valves are stock size but engineered for the best strength from the best alloy available. ($550.00)
- Super alloy exhaust valves. Made from the same material as the intake valves, this is a recommended upgrade for anyone planning to run 1300 plus horsepower. ($695.00)
- FIRE RING HEAD ($250.00)
- FIRE RING HEAD GASKET ($275.00)
OUR STAGE 2 CUMMINS PERFORMANCE HEAD GETS THE INTAKE FLOW UP TO 250 CFM AND IS THE BIGGEST HEAD WE HAVE AVAILABLE FOR A 5.9 BORE ENGINE (STOCK IS 165 CFM).
- You’re given the option to use your own head or one of our head cores (core charge $800**)
- Stage 2 comes with a replacement style billet intake
- Disassembled and all soft plugs removed
- Head is cleaned and blasted
- Crack check performed on head (If it checks out okay we proceed with this head)
- All new bronze guides and heavy duty extra large seats installed on the exhaust side
- Heavy duty extra large intake seats
- 5 axis CNC port job
- Billet replacement style intake
- Thread in soft plugs under the valve cover
- High performance CNC valve job performed
- Head cleaned
- Assembled with all new valve seals and thread in soft plugs
- 115# springs
- Titanium retainers