The popular "DSS" steering stabilizer will greatly reduce steering "wander" on your late model 2003+ 2500 & 3500 3rd Generation Dodge 4x4 pickup.
This unit will serve to eliminate sector shaft play in the steering box which is a large contributor to wandering and poor road feel. It also serves to minimize frame flex at the steering box mounting point.
First check all your steering components. Loose ball joints, tie-rod ends or trackbar obviously must be replaced. Poor wheel alignment must also be corrected. A steering box that has a loose sector shaft is often an overlooked cause of poor steering.
- Please check the TOP PLATE of your steering box. The original steering boxes on the 03-08 trucks had a 4 bolt flange on them. Some trucks have been upgraded or retrofitted to the new style box which features a 6 bolt flange. If you have the 6 bolt cover on your steering box, this brace will not work. Check out BD Part number for a steering brace that will fit your steering box properly.
* Made in the USA.
* Straight bolt-on installation. No drilling or welding.
* All mounting hardware is supplied.
* Durable powder-coated finish.
* NTN® bearing is easily replaced if necessary.
* Compatible with most lift kits. There are some exceptions, however. If your lift kit has drop brackets for the anti-sway bar AND there is a tube between these brackets, then there will be interference.
DSS00203-4 fits 2003-2008 and up Dodge 2500 and 3500 4x4 pickups.
Now available to fit the Borgeson Steering Box, please select your steering box type in the drop down menu.