Solid Steel LTD 3rd Gen Style Adjustable Trackbar and retrofit kit 94-02 4x4
Solid Steel Industries LTD. in conjunction with a chemist and a rubber bushing manufacturer have designed a high quality rubber bushing that is better than the OEM bushings on the 2003 and up Trackbars. Using high quality rubber bushings provides smooth quiet operation, with little or no vibration sent back to the steering wheel or elsewhere on the truck. The hardness of the rubber bushing eliminates the spongy feeling found in other, softer, rubber bushings, while still providing the right amount of deflection to reduce wear and hammering. These bushings do not hammer and wear out like steel rod ends, Heim joints, and urethane bushings.
his trackbar retrofit kit will allow you to utilize a 2003 and up factory Dodge trackbar on your '94 to '02 Dodge RAM pickup. The '03 bar uses a rubber bushing on both ends, thus eliminating the frequent failure of the tie-rod style upper joint on your original trackbar.
The trackbar used on the 1994 to 2002 trucks has a rubber bushing on the lower (axle) end and a ball joint on the upper (frame) end. This ball joint is much the same as a tie-rod end in design. Due to a combination of factors, this ball joint normally experiences fairly rapid wear. For the 2003 model year, Dodge has switched to a trackbar that uses a rubber bushing on both ends. Trackbar wear on the newer trucks (as well as other makes that use a rubber bushed bar) is no longer an issue.
- Made in the USA.
- Straight bolt-on installation on most trucks.
- All mounting hardware is supplied.
- Durable powder-coated finish.
- Does not interfere with the popular "Mag-Hytec" differential cover.
- DAT3029402-4 fits 1994 to 2002 2500 and 3500 4x4 ( Adjustable )
- DAT3029402-4 fits 1994 to 2001 1500 4x4 ( Adjustable )
- This item MAY interfere with snow plow mounting. Please verify before purchasing.