DmaxStore's Durastar Billet Main Girdle and Stud Kit
Fits 2001-2016 LB7/LLY/LBZ/LMM/LML Duramax Engines
Duramax engines are known for main cap movement on stock motors and it gets worse with more horsepower. The main cap movement can cause premature bearing wear or even worse, catastrophic engine failure. DmaxStore's Billet Main Girdle will eliminate the main cap movement. DmaxStore has these 1/2" thick billet steel girdles made right here in small town USA. This kit also includes the necessary, longer ARP hardware to provide the extra support your Duramax engine needs. This one piece girdle will help eliminate movement by tying all the main caps together to the oil pan rail, providing extra strength and durability. Anytime you are rebuilding the motor, it is highly recommended to install our billet main girdle for extra strength and support. Unlike some of the competitors, the Durastar Billet Main Girdle has cutouts for the oil pick up tube so there are no modifications necessary to the oil pick up tube.
- Provides additional support to the bottom end of the Duramax block
- ARP studs for proper fitment and additional strength
- Cross bolts help keep the main caps from causing catastrophic engine failure
- DmaxStore's Durastar Billet Main Girdle
- ARP Main Stud Kit and Oil Pan Hardware Kit (1/2" longer to accommodate for girdle thickness)
- If factory main caps are used, they will need to be machined so they are flat with the main girdle. This is recommended to be performed by your engine machine shop. No modification needed if Billet Main Caps are used.