Fits: 01-10 GM 2500HD/3500HD 2wd/4wd & 01-07 GM 1500HD
A major common weak point on Chevrolet/GM HD series trucks is the steering linkage and tie rods with high torque engines, lift kits and larger tires putting greater strains on the steering system than what OEM intended. These common failures include loose steering, front wheels toe-in under load while in four-wheel drive, and broken tie rods. If you have performance upgrades in your truck, lifted it or do serious towing, you will want to upgrade your steering kit BEFORE doing catastrophic damage to your truck! The forged I-Beam Centerlink is 30% stronger than OEM which reduces flex in the steering system and creates a strong base for the tie rods to be attached to. The tie rods are 1.5x thicker than OEM for reduced flex and have larger inner ball joints for reduced wear. Testing has shown the BD tie rods can take over double the amount of force than what OEM rods can handle. Greaseable ball joints come with sintered bearings and allow for better load holding and increased life. Longer, high-strength through bolt designed sway bar end links are included to accommodate larger tie rods and leveling kits. Polyurethane bushings have OEM style shaping for articulation and durability. The entire kit retains factory geometry for accurate steering and will allow for any OEM replacement parts to drop-in without any geometry sacrifice or modification required. Other upgrade kit designs change the geometry of the steering which can sacrifice safety and drivability for straight line strength while pulling or racing. This can also create a dangerous "bump steer" where the vehicle becomes uncontrollable on uneven roads. By not altering the steering geometry, the BD upgrade kit saves you from this problem. The total package is an economic upgrade for worn out steering and will increase the durability, longevity and dependability of your truck while saving money by preventing catastrophic repairs.
- Forged I-Beam Centerlink 30% stronger than OEM for less deflection
- Tie rods 1.5x larger than OEM
- Larger Greaseable Ball Joints for long service life
- Sway bar end links 1-inch longer than factory to accommodate leveling kits
- Durable polyurethane sway bar end link bushings shaped for articulation and durability
- 1 Inch Longer Sway bar end links prevent damage to Tie Rod Seals/Boots
- Forged Centerlink retains factory geometry for accurate steering
- Compatible with OEM components
- Total package offers economic upgrade for worn out steering
- Great for leveled trucks!
BD Diesel: 1032150